Sometimes you have those moments that make you think about every move you've ever made. Have you done ANYTHING right? Have you always done your best to be nice and polite to even the worst people? That's really harder than it sounds... if it ever sounded easy... you need to come give me some lessons.
I've had a hard time dealing with this season... baseball season that is. I was asked to be on the board by another board member/friend <--- and I use that term loosely. I thought- What the hell. I'll help out. Open mouth insert foot, shin and knee. THE WORST (I'm sure there's others that I can't think of right now) that I've ever made. I have found myself crying over little league more times that I'd care to admit. LITTLE LEAGUE!! Are you kidding me? How bad can it be? A bunch of parents get together and make sure 300 kids play safe, fair and above all have fun. NOT! These people are ruthless and hateful. They are all convinced their kids are the best on their team and in their division- mine is... but that's not the point. God forbid that you play their kid in more than one position or even worse- ask them to show up for every game so that you don't have to forfeit. SHEESH! What was I thinking? Oh yea... I wasn't. Listen y'all... I got in a fight, well, argument, with my youngest son's team mom over a cup of ice water. Yep. Ice water. She thought I was being rude by saying that I didn't want it if I had to pay for it... and came out of the concession stand, in front of her husband's team- he's the coach- and yelled at me in front of God and everyone. I went to talk to her about it and she proceeded to have a Ghetto Moment. That's a technical term in case you didn't know. 0- Ghetto in no time flat. She even put her hand in my face and proceeded to tell me that I was NOT to come up to her like I knew something or was somebody.... it went something like that anyway. Did I mention she's also another board member's daughter in law? Huh... ? So now, I'm in trouble because I'm a board member and I shouldn't act that way... hard to swallow really. I went back later and spoke to her softly and calmly apologized for my behavior and what she interpreted as an attitude when I said I didn't want the drink anymore. I had no intention of upsetting anyone... I didn't mean what she thought I did. All the while thinking... I was NOT the one that rushed you in your lawn chair watching your 6 year old bat off a T over a GLASS OF ICE WATER!!! Apparently my fight or flight reaction had a misfire. The only person I "fight" with is Trey. Not team moms! What was I thinking? Nothing. That's what I was thinking. And boy has the aforementioned husband pointed THAT out. Nice. I already feel like a gigantic ass hole and now you tell me how I've potentially put a tag on the back of my son's shirt that says- My mom's that crazy bitch that yelled at that other mom over WATER!!!!! Aimee, they are going to have to deal with this their entire career in little league. Are you happy??!! Oh Trey, I'm not happy. I'm giddy that now, they know who I am. Hell no I'm not happy. I'm mortified. Thankfully I wasn't wearing my ugly Board Member shirt so that no one knew I was "important." UGH!!! I just wanted to shake her and say- CHILL THE FUCK OUT YO! How about you ask me what happened before you bite my head off huh? I like you (well, let's just say I do). I'm willing to talk this out.
So now I'm faced with being called out to a board of a holes that will believe anyone over the new girl. There's so much more I have left out it's not even funny. This is not the only organization that I belong to and most of the others don't even have this many people... but it's the worst by far. I'm sick to my stomach every time I leave the ball park. And about half of those times I'm almost in tears. It's LITTLE LEAGUE!!! I belong to an organization that's composed 99.9% of women and there's not this much drama. I just don't know what to do. Do I go in to the president and attempt to give my side of the story... since he's already gotten the other side 2 days ago and still hasn't mentioned anything to me... and then offer a resignation? Or just throw my shirt at him and tell him to eat me? That would kinda be funny. LOL I'm not a nasty person. I really do my best to be nice to everyone even if they are bitches. It's my nature to try to make friends. I'm not big enough to piss people off. I'm seriously at a loss on this one. Loss of apatite, loss of sleep, concentration. I really like helping people make things better, especially when it comes to my kids, any kids. But I'm always getting the raw end of the deal here. I want to quit, but I haven't yet because I don't want to give them the satisfaction of running me off. Then again, I'm not- I don't feel like I am- doing any good for this organization. Why should I stay?
UGH!! I still wanna cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment