For the least, I'd say, 6 of our over 7 years of marriage, we've had just about everything thrown at us. Today was no different. Trey has had this new job for 2 months and we have just been able to enjoy the raise in pay. Trey is very "look at my cool things" oriented, so we started to get some cool stuff. Bought a tv, some things for the boys, shopping at Sam's.... yes, the highlight of our new found wealth. ;)
Saturday, we had to get a new computer on the fly because my old computer kicked the bucket. We made the quick trip to Aaron's to add a computer to our deep freeze bill. While there, Trey found the fridge we've been wanting and well, added it to the bill as well. I was honestly excited. I was getting my new computer, well overdue, and a beautiful stainless triple door fridge. My babysitting money in one week would cover the payments.
Sunday and Monday were beautiful days spent with friends at softball practice and Velocity. Who knew that Tuesday would be so crappy. We stayed up late rearranging the living room getting situated for the recliner that came from Trey's MeMaw's apartment... another story.... and the Shrek sized table we'd agreed to purchase in 2 weeks. Finally went to bed around 2am. 7am came rather quickly when Tim knocked on the door to drop off Cheyenne. I didn't bother Trey when I went back to bed because he ALWAYS has an alarm set and gets up on time. I rolled over at almost 9 and kicked Trey to tell him to get up. He jumped up, grabbed his phone first thing and called his manager. Got dressed and hauled ass.
9:45am- The phone rings. Trey informs me that they've fired him for being late. Just this one time and bam.... thanks for coming in, but pack your shit and leave. After making a scene when I went to take him his extra work clothes and a change so he could leave what he was wearing... I began to make phone calls. Cancelled the fridge.... right as they were apparently wheeling it off the sales floor and called the cable company to reduce that bill. Just trying to lower anything I can. Then it was off to the internet to find jobs.
I told you that story to tell you this story.... We are Davis' and we survive and make it through. This is not the first time this has happened to us, I hope it will be the last... but I know we'll make it. Trey has his moments when I want to kill him... and I know I have those moments for him too, but we pull on our big girl/boy panties and deal with what we've been handed. He's always provided for me and the boys and I have NO doubt that within a week or two we'll be right back where we need to be. Being a Davis means never giving up.... and we're not stopping now.
No comments:
Post a Comment